The Two-day International Conference on Islamic Awakening and the Youth has ended with a final communiqué which noted that Islamic Awakening movement has arisen from Islamic teachings and shows the solidarity and unity of the Muslim world and promises a bright future.
The following is the full text of the final statement.
In the Name of Allah the Beneficent the Merciful
Monday 30 January 2012
The conference follows the first International Islamic Awakening Conference held in Tehran on September 17-18, 2011. The latest event took place on January 29-30, 2012 and was attended by more than 1,000 young activists coming from all over the Muslim World.
During the two-day event, the participants held talks with Supreme Leader of the Islamic Republic Ayatollah Khamenei. They also discussed six specialized topics at the conference:
1. Principles; Progress and spread of the Islamic Awakening
2. Islamic rule, structures, achievements and the youth
3. The US and Israeli arrogance in the face of the Islamic Awakening movement
4. The youth, resistance, Palestine and Islamic Awakening
5. Study of challenges faced by the Islamic Awakening movement
6. Future outlook and horizons ahead of the Islamic Awakening
The participants expressed their feeling of content at the achievements of the Islamic Awakening movement. They agreed upon the following points:
1. Islamic Awakening, is one of God’s real and truthful pledges and the widespread presence of people, the youth in particular as the motivating element in practice and struggle and Jihad, is deemed as of the most important aspects of the Islamic Awakening uprising.
2. This century is the century of Islam and spirituality; humanity has passed through all materialistic schools and ideologies and now is experiencing a new era that features concentration on God, religion and getting strength from eternal divine source; trust and confidence in God and maintaining unity guarantees the continuation of the Islamic movement.
3. Islamic Revolution led by Imam Khomeini, the great reviver of Islam in the contemporary history, has influenced Islamic movements and contributed to the deepening of the Islamic ideology.
4. Seeking independence, freedom, justice, and maintaining dignity for human being, resisting tyranny and colonialism, rejecting ethnic, racial, and religious discrimination, are among the main properties of the Islamic Awakening movement.
5. Pioneering of the youth in the popular movement and the necessity of maintaining and continuing Islamic Awakening movement requires that the youth take an effective and adequate role in the process of economic, scientific and technological breakthroughs as well as the management of the Islamic societies.
6. Islamic Awakening movement has arisen from Islamic teachings and shows them the significance of this movement in solidarity and unity of the Muslim world and promises a bright future.
7. The role of the world powers in the crack-down on the popular uprisings and their attempts to contain the Islamic movement and deviate the Islamic Awakening to serve its illegitimate interests, has already been revealed, so wakefulness against their schemes and monitoring their moves and recognizing the deceits and ploys of the global arrogance and the international Zionism are considered as the priorities and requirements of the Islamic Awaking movement.
8. The failure of the US-led troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and the victory of the resistance in Lebanon and Palestine against the Zionist regime uncovered the power of faith and resistance of the people in the region and revived Islamic Awakening movement against dictatorship and foreign interference.
9. The anger and fury of the enemies of Islam over the Islamic Awakening indicate the power of Islam and its effective position in the World.
10. The western media propaganda seeks to spread Islamophobia and a distorted image of religious values and exaggerate the power of the international Zionism to intimidate Muslims, especially the youth. These plots should be countered through prudence and vigilance.
11. The issue of Palestine and the glorious Palestinian resistance against the Zionist regime is the main problem facing the Muslim world. The issue is a pillar of the Islamic Awakening movement and has played a key role evolving the movement. The issue of Palestine itself has been impressed by the achievements of this far-reaching movement in the Muslim world.
12. Any difference among revolutionaries and ethno-sectarian strife would undermine the Islamic Ummah and will give Islam’s enemies an opportunity to carry out their conspiracies against Muslims. It is necessary for all Muslims, most particularly young people, to recognize differences and avoid falling into such strife. As the holy Quran says, “…and fall into no disputes, lest ye lose heart and your power depart”.
13. Moderaton and rationality are two key factors in the recent victories won by Islamic groups in regional countries and will guarantee the continuation of such achievements. Obviously, extremism has tarnished the image of Islam and paved the way for interference by foreign powers.
14. Respecting and protecting human rights as well as the rule of Islamic democracy are a legitimate demand of the Islamic Ummah including young Muslims. Respecting human rights is at odds with the moral decadence that is rampant in the Western countries and it is necessary that young Muslims keep away from its devastating repercussions.
15. Now that the Islamic Awakening movement has achieved triumph in some regional countries, pious and revolutionary forces should be employed for the purpose of running the state and those who have links to foreign powers and the former regimes should not be allowed to occupy key posts.
16. These young Muslims promise their martyred brothers and sisters across the Muslim world that they will make all efforts in helping the Islamic world make progress and gain scientific, cultural, political, economic and artistic independence.
17. Participants in the International Conference on Islamic Awakening and Youths call for the Global Assembly of the Islamic Awakening to investigate and take appropriate decisions as to the following:
- continue to hold the more conferences on the Islamic Awakening and youths with women have a wider participation in the future
-To create a virtual social network in order that young Muslims can deepen their relations, enrich their views and share experience.
-To launch an internet website named Islamic Awakening for young Muslims
-To establish a strategic studies and research center for Islamic Awakening
-To establish a coordination council for young Muslims by the Global Assembly of Islamic Awakening
-To launch an independent satellite channel or to use existing channels for the purpose of cover latest developments concerning the Islamic Awakening movement and giving sound analyses thereof.
The participants in the International Conference on Islamic Awakening and Youths express gratitude to the leader of Iran’s Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei over for his rational stance and his initiatives to defend Islam and Muslims in all fields and also thank the Islamic Republic for hosting the conference and for its sincere and warm hospitality